Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Oh, Hello!


My name is Kayla and this here is my book blog.  Well, it's actually my second.  Last summer I dipped my toe into the book blogging world via BookLikes.com. There I'm known as My Book Life, and it's been a great year getting the feel for having a blog.  For the last few months I've been going back and forth on whether or not to use my Blogger account to finally expand.  As you can see, I finally made my mind.  It's taken me a few weeks to figure out how I wanted Bookish Whispers to look and figure out how to do my own coding for everything.  One of the upsides to using Book Likes is a lot of that was done for me. Which was great, but I was ready for space that I could create just for me.

So Bookish Whispers was created.  A name that came from a late night staying up with friends as they helped me think of a name.  I don't even remember which one of us said it first, but once it was out there it felt right.  Because that's what books do to me.  The whisper for me to read them, to explore their world with them, and to live a thousand lives.

All of which I hope to share with everyone who come across Bookish Whispers.  More than anything I want to share my love with books with people.  Reading is my one of my fiercest passions, besides writing.  In fact it was my love of reading that made me want to become an author myself.  To create my own world, with my own heroes and villains.  Mind the type of things I scribble have changed as I've grown, but the passion to see my own book in print is still there.

I want to say this blog will be have a bit of something for everyone, because I'm kind of an eclectic with what I read.  The only types of books I don't really ever pick up are romance novels, they just aren't my cup of tea.  Everything else is fair game and depends on my mood.  Though, I ready a lot of murder mystery type books.  Those have always been my favorite, especially set in Victorian London.

Yeah, I'm a Sherlockian.  We can blame my mother, she was the one to introduce me to Mr. Holmes and Dr. Watson.  Since then I've never looked back.

When it comes to what I want Bookish Whispers to be like, I have a lot of ideas: Book Hauls (because I clearly have a problem), Reviews, Most Anticipated books every months, all sorts of book news and bookish things, Library Hauls (again a problem), etc.  The start of having my own space might be a little rocky as I find my rhythm, but I'm excited to open Bookish Whispers to the internet and join the bookish side of the internet.

I'm all over on Social Media, so feel free to follow me on Twitter, Pinterest, and Goodreads.  Welcome to Bookish Whispers and I hope you follow!  I'd love to share my favorite, and maybe not so favorite, books with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment