Monday, February 19, 2018

Holly Black Event

I first discovered Holly Black's books while on vacation to see family in Arizona after my Senior Year of High School. On a whim I picked up Tithe to read on my flight and had it finished by the time we landed for my change over. In fact I liked it so much that I made a bookstore run to get the second book in the series Valiant. Which I then read at my Uncle's in a couple of hours. Since then I've been in love with Holly Black's work and moved way through the Spiderwick Chronicles. I've been so exited for her new book The Cruel Prince.



So it was totally worth the long day to finally get to hear Holly Black not only talk about her newest books, but about her career in writing. It's always fun to hear stories about the writing process you can relate to. Also to hear how the books you picked up on a whim came to be! It also reminded how much a loved the Modern Faerie Tales, and that because of college I never finished the series. So I'm thinking 2018 will my year of re-reads!


Overall it was an awesome event and probably the kick in the pants I need. I've sort of let my writing fall by the wayside of the last few years, and when I told Holly Black this she had none of it. She told me it was time to get my stuff out there because there was never going to be a right time. So, I guess it's time to knuckle down and get back to the grind. I'm glad I went to the event and I cannot wait to crack open The Cruel Prince!

 HAPPY READING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment