Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Can't Wait Wednesday


Can't Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Wishful Endings to spotlight and talk about the books we're excited about what we have yet to read. Generally they are books that have yet to be released, but don't have to be. It is based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by the fabulous at Breaking the Spine. 

Release Date: May 15th, 2018
Author: Stacy Horn
Genre: Non-Fiction
Pages: 304


Today it is known as Roosevelt Island. In 1828, when New York City purchased this narrow, two-mile-long island in the East River, it was called Blackwell’s Island. There, over the next hundred years, the city would send its insane, indigent, sick, and criminal. Told through the gripping voices of Blackwell’s inhabitants, as well as the period’s city officials, reformers, and journalists (including the famous Nellie Bly), Stacy Horn has crafted a compelling and chilling narrative.






Why I'm Waiting: I've heard of Blackwell's Island, but I don't know much about except for who they use to ship there. 

HAPPY READING!!

5 comments:

  1. I don't read a lot of non-fiction but this would be right up my alley. Great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I bet this is interesting and very sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's not gonna be a shiny example of our history.

      Delete
  3. I snagged an ARC of this title at a recent librarian conference. Hope to start reading it soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a little jealous! I have mine pre-order through my bookstore.

      Delete