Thursday, March 21, 2019

Mini Reviews




Holy freaking cow! I knew there would be a double cross before the end of this story, but I wasn't honestly expecting it to be that. However, it felt fitting and I'm very satisfied with how everything was tied up. I'm glad certain things didn't happen, because Tao is precious and needs to be protected at all costs. Every box I wanted to get ticked off, in fact got hit. Plus there was a train heist. Who doesn't love a little train heist. The entire was well thought out and was brilliantly laid out. I know I should have read this as soon as I received it from the Kickstarter, but this is one of those series I wasn't ready to say good-by to. As it turns out I don't have. Silver is coming back! When? No idea, but you bet your butts I'll be keeping an eye out for the new series. 






Being a huge fan of Sherlock Holmes, it's not surprise that this caught my eye this weekend at Comic-Con. I'm always on the look out for new re-tellings of canon, new twists to old favorites. Major Holmes and Captain Watson is more of a continuation of canon. Sheffield Holmes is the nephew of the great Sherlock Holmes. He's been charged with solving the crime of gruesome murder that's more than it seemed. I really enjoyed this. Watson is hands down my favorite character in canon, and love Captain Watson. She sees your social norms and walks right on past them. Sheffield has the skill of his Uncle, but has a little more charm than his Uncle. I feel like this was a great start to what could be an amazing series. I'm excited to see what Issue #2 does to continue the plot looming over London.



HAPPY READING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment