Thursday, July 21, 2016

Throwback Thursday - Alanna


Some of my more bookish friends and I got to talking about Young Adult books a few days ago, and of course we started throwing out books that everyone should read.  Which lead me to throw out Tamora Pierce's books.  I discovered her book Trickster's Choice not long after it came out while on vacation.  Since then I've devoured her books because I adore her characters so much.  It also got me thinking I've never finished Pierce's books either. This week I picked up her Protector of the Small series which I started years ago but never finished for whatever reason.  With that, it seemed only fitting for her first book to be my Throwback Read of the week. 




Published By: Atheneum Books
Original Release Date: September 1, 1983
Author:  Tamora Pierce

So young Alanna of Trebond begins the journey to knighthood. Though a girl, Alanna has always craved the adventure and daring allowed only for boys; her twin brother, Thom, yearns to learn the art of magic. So one day they decide to switch places: Thom heads for the convent to learn magic; Alanna, pretending to be a boy, is on her way to the castle of King Roald to begin her training as a page.








While pulling images and everything up for this post and moving stuff around on Goodreads, I did stumble across the fact that Tamora Pierce will have a new book being published next year!  Not only is based in the land of Tortall, but it is all about Numair!  I have no words to describe how excited I am about this.  Numair is one of my favorites!  I highly recommend her books.  They are a super fun read full colorful characters that you can't help but fall in love.  Oh, there's usually a cat, guiding someone somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment