Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday - The Last Days of New Paris

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming release that book bloggers are eagerly anticipating.

Published By: Del Rey
Release Date: August 9, 2016
Author: China Mieville

THE LAST DAYS OF NEW PARIS is an intense and gripping tale set in an alternative universe: June 1940 following Paris’ fall to the Germans, the villa of Air-Bel in Marsailles, is filled with Trotskyists, anti-fascists, exiled artists, and surrealists. One Air-Bel dissident decides the best way to fight the Nazis is to construct a surrealist bomb. When the bomb is accidentally detonated, surrealist Cataclysm sweeps Paris and transforms it according to a violent, weaponized dream logic.



I'm a huge China Mieville fan!  I discovered him just this last year when I picked up the Dail H, comic book on a recommendation  from a friend who knows I like weird stories.  Since then I've been meaning to pick up one of Mieville's actual books. The Last Days of New Paris his is newest book and I do enjoy alternate universes.  Plus is has to do with the art world around the 1940s which held some pretty odd ducks in actual reality. So I'm thinking I might start with this one! 

So, what's everyone else waiting on this week?  Anything else based in an alternative reality getting ready to hit shelves soon? 



No comments:

Post a Comment