Thursday, August 11, 2016

Throwback Thursday - The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

No other Throwback Read will be as appropriately matched to this GIF the one I chose for today.  I honestly can't believe it didn't make the list sooner.  Douglas Adams is one of favorite human people out there!  From the books he wrote to the episodes of Doctor Who that will forever hold a special place in my heart.  I own the HUGE book that holds all of the Hitchhiker books inside.  I've read most of Dirk Gently Series.    Listened to all of his radio plays.  I'm a fan!  So it only makes sense that the very first book I read by Douglas Adams should grace my Throwback Reads meme.  Honestly it should have made the list sooner.

Original Release Date: October 12, 1979
Publisher: Pan Books
Author: Douglas Adams
Series: Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Seconds before the Earth is demolished to make way for a galactic freeway, Arthur Dent is plucked off the planet by his friend Ford Prefect, a researcher for the revised edition of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy who, for the last fifteen years, has been posing as an out-of-work actor.
  Buy it! Book Info

What other old school sci-fi books does everyone love? Anything I should add to my TBR?

No comments:

Post a Comment