Thursday, June 1, 2017

May Wrap Up

It felt weird yesterday to think that was nearly June, but as I'm sitting here looking back on my May, it was has been a pretty long month. I started out going on vacation to Kansas to see me family. A little over a year has passed since I've seen them all. The trip was amazing and the weather was beautiful. Though, I brought home a pretty gnarly sunburn because the weather out here in the Pacific Northwest isn't that sunny!! 

The day after I got home some friends and I went to see the Terracotta Warrior Exhibit which was amazing. It was one of things I knew a bit about, but was blown away by the amount of things I didn't know. We spent a good few hours nerding out and reading all the things and watching every video. Then we went to see A Midsummer Night's Dream, which is my favorite Shakespeare play. The performance was amazing! 

Of course I was back to work for Mother's Day weekend. The bakery I work at is always busy that whole weekend. Somehow between vacation, coming back to work, weather change, and who knows what else, a got a cold. Which turned into a chest infection. It was pretty bad. For about a week and a half any time not at work was spent sleeping. In fact, I'm still getting over it. Which sucks. I'm ready to be back to a hundred percent.

Lastly, I've spent the last week helping my flatmate get ready for summer job which puts her out of town for three month. It's always a bittersweet thing, because I'm sad to see her go but I love having the place to myself. The goal this year is not be such a homebody with her gone. It's just so easy to come home and stay there.

Lucky we've moved closer to the beach!!

Books Read: 6
Pages Read: 1074 pages
BINGO Books: 2 (Book Published in 2017 & Book Under 500 pages)
Currently Reading: Pirate Women by Laura Sook Duncombe
DNF: 0
Events: Bout of Books 19


I got to do something really cool this month. S.E. Hinton came to one of the local bookstores to talk about the Outsiders, which turned 50 this year!! I thought I wasn't going to get to go because it was right after I got sick, but luckly I got a okay that was contagious. It was really cool to not only hear her talk about writing, but also about what it was like on the set of the movie. She had a lot of really good advice for those of trying to write our own books. It was a really fun evening, and I've added the Outsiders to my TBR as one of my rereads this year.

Publisher:  Kensington
Release Date: June 27, 2017
Author: Andrea Penrose
Genre: Historical / Mystery
Series: Quill Mystery #1

The Earl of Wrexford possesses a brilliant scientific mind, but boredom and pride lead him to reckless behavior. He does not suffer fools gladly. So when pompous, pious Reverend Josiah Holworthy publicly condemns him for debauchery, Wrexford unsheathes his rapier-sharp wit and strikes back. As their war of words escalates, London’s most popular satirical cartoonist, A.J. Quill, skewers them both. But then the clergyman is found slain in a church—his face burned by chemicals, his throat slashed ear to ear—and Wrexford finds himself the chief suspect.

2 comments:

  1. Murder on Black Swan Lane sounds so intriguing -- and I am curious about how they match wits in the book! IT's sounds so posh lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! I don't generally bend toward books based in the Regency era books, but this sounds too good to pass up! :)

      Delete