Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Cover Release: Age of War & A Thousand Monsters

Okay, so I'm not sure when the new covers were released, but I stumbled across this morning when I went to check a couple of my Amazon.com orders. The squeal I let out was not ear piercing despite what my flatmate said. It was full of excitement and glee! EXCITEMENT AND GLEE! Michael J. Sullivan and Kim Newman are two of my favorite authors. In fact, later today I'm picking up the Age of Swords from my local bookstore! The covers for their new books are amazing and I wanted to share them with everyone, and you know throw their other books at you. So here's a looks at them! Aren't the fantastic?!


Release Date: October 3rd, 2017
Publisher: Titan Books
Author: Kim Newman
Series: Anno Dracula #5

Japan, 1899. A party of vampires – exiled from Britain by Prince Dracula – seeks refuge in Tokyo and are confined to Yokai Town, a ghetto where the Meiji Emperor keeps the country’s vampires – bizarre creatures as different from European nosferatu as they are from living humans. Dr Geneviève Dieudonné, Kostaki, a soldier, Daniel Dravot, a spy, and Christina Light, a revolutionary princess, try to survive in Yokai Town as forces within and outside its walls threaten to destroy the newcomers and the long-time residents. What secret lies under the Temple of One Thousand Monsters?


Release Date: February 20th, 2018
Publisher: Del Rey
Author: Michael J. Sullivan
Series: The Legends of the First Empire #3

War arrives as the Battle of Grandford begins. The full force of the Fhrey army arrives and is seemingly invincible. As the fane’s forces prepare to overwhelm the hastily prepared human defense, the fate of mankind depends on the birth of a butterfly, the speed of a cripple, and the courage of a coward. 


Seriously I recommend these books to people all the time. Michael J. Sullivan creates wonderful worlds and fantastic characters. I devoured the first book in the The Legends of the First Empire series, and I'm about to do the same with the second book. In fact the man created my book husband, Royce Greenleaf. I love that smarmy man! Kim Newman also created one of my favorite female characters, Kate Read. She's spunky and has no time for your manly crap! I love the entire Anno Dracula series, and I'm beyond excited to get a fifth installment!! 

Both authors have so many other books to enjoy and ready. Check them out!!

HAPPY READING!

2 comments:

  1. Ah, haven't heard of these books before. I like it when I read such enthusiastic posts. I hope you enjoy the books!

    ReplyDelete