Thursday, March 22, 2018

Illuminae Files Book Event

This last Monday I was able to hear Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff talk about their series the Illuminae Files. The last book in the trilogy, Obisidio, came out just two weeks and I haven't had the time to start it yet. I know... I know... My flatmate has already read it and what stop bugging me about it. But, sometimes work just gets in the way of my reading time. 


However, thanks to my GM I was able to squeeze in just in time for the see them talk about how this series came to life, and what this series has allowed them to do. It was also exciting to hear they will be writing another series together. While Obsidio is in the end of this series, I'm glad both Kaufman and Kristoff will be writing together again. These books have been so much fun to read and I'm obsessed. And, not just because of the format these books are written in. I love the world they've created and the characters.

Most of all I love AIDEN! 

I was a little late jumping on this bandwagon. Books with as much hype as the first book Illuminae  received always makes me nervous in case it isn't something I enjoyed. Plus, the Sci-Fi Genre is always a little hit or miss with me. But, really this series lives up to the love it receives.


As the night went on it was easy to which parts of each book came from which author, but also how well they worked together. I'm also super lucky to have a co-author on things I'm writing, and It's sort of comforting knowing just because the two of us have no idea if we'll ever publish what we're writing, it can be down. And, we can stay friends through it with some amazing stories to share along the way.


Of course I took them some cupcakes from where I work. After all we have some pretty awesome galaxy cupcakes with seemed more than fitting. A perk of working where I do and an easy way to thank them for not only coming out to talk about one of my favorite series, but they signed so many books and took time to talk to everyone. 

So now I'm off to bury my head in Obsidio and eat my feelings. Because we all know I'm not emotionally prepared for the next 600+ pages of this book. Thank goodness I still have a box of Jelly Slugs left... I'm gonna need those

HAPPY READING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment