Monday, March 12, 2018

February Wrap Up

February was a bit of hectic month for me. Valentine's Day is our busiest holiday at the bakery where I work, and while this year went so much smoother than the last two years..it still wasn't a great month for me. 2018 didn't really start off the way I wanted it to and I struggle last month to get myself out of pretty gnarly rut I'd fell into. However it meant none of the books I picked up held my interest, and I didn't want my bad mood ruined good books. So I took this month from reading much and focused on getting my head back on straight. Despite a couple of hiccups, it seems I've managed to yank myself back up by my bootstraps.

Books Read: 3
Pages Reads: 235
BINGO Books: 0
Currently Reading: Mermaid by Christina Henry


Despite the way the month went I was able to attend to really amazing book events. The first was to see Holly Black talk about her newest book, The Cruel Prince. It was the first time I finally got to see her talk about her work and I've been a fan for years. My write up the event can be found here!

At the end of the month I got to cross an author off my bucket list. With her new book, Tempest and Slaughter, Tamora Pierce is on book tour. I was lucky enough to be able to wiggle my schedule around so I could hear talk not only about her newest book about my favorite character, but about her creation of world I've loved for over a decade. Just getting to hear her talk was amazing. It was even better to get to meet her a couple of days later at Comic Con. Which you can read all about here!

For March: I have two really awesome events lined up for March. One of which I already know I'll be attending, Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff will be in town to talk about Obisdio. I absolutely adore the Illuminae Series and I'm excited to meet them both! The second event is Sarah Anderson for her new book Herding Cats. I discovered her work at the start of the year and she's been featured pretty heavily the last couple months here on Bookish Whispers. So I'm hoping to wiggle my schedule one more time to be able to meet her! 

HAPPY READING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment