Saturday, November 4, 2023

October Favorite


Like there was any chance I was going to pick a different book. This is one of my favorite current ongoing series. The first book, Hanging with Vampires, covered my favorite of all creatures, vampires. It was hilarious, filled with adorable illustrations, and was a book the younger me would have read again and again until the spine was barely holding it together. So when the second book, Chilling with Ghosts, was announced I was all in. I ran, not walked, to the bookstore to get on the day it was released, and then patiently waited for the start of Spooky Season to crack it open.

Chilling with Ghosts was everything I loved about the first book, but filled with ghostly tales that should have you diving under the covers. I've always loved a good ghost story and a haunted house. The amount of ghost-hunting we show we watch is well, it's two, but I've always loved the idea of ghosts and haunting. 

Once again, this was a book that the younger me would have loved, and the older me adored. These books are great for readers of any age. They aren't super scary and are filled with historical ghosts, literary ghosts, and how to find ghosts in your town. All while teaching how to politely talk to any ghosts you might encounter on your own. Because you really don't want to bring that home with you! 

Really this series is so much fun. And, if vampires aren't your thing, you don't have to read the first book to enjoy the second. I adored both books and I have my fingers crossed that we'll get a third book next year!

HAPPY READING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment