Monday, December 4, 2023

November Favorite Read


I really lucked last month with my reading, no DNF, and was kind of let down by one book. I did go back and forth for a minute on which book to pick as my favorite read. It was between this and the Slenderman. Both were really good and devoured them both at the same pace. However, while Slenderman gave some of the weirdest dreams I've had in a while, the story itself kind of fades after reading. Like I remember the story, how creepy it was, and how perfect it was that it was told via found footage. Not to mention, I immediately knew who I wanted to read it next.

Despite all of that, it's Holly Horror that's living rent-free in my head. Mostly the fact I want to know what the ever-loving hell is up with that house. Does it connect to the mine? Was something summoned, or dug up? Why did it have to east Desmond and not the mother? So many questions that were left unanswered at the end of the book. In fact, I love that the book just sort of ends. It drops a bombshell on you and then nothing. 

Now I wait for the next book to see if the house actually ate Desmond and who exactly the creepy man was that Holly was referring to. Because I love that, that bomb got dropped on me during a daring escape with all the time in the world to explain. So waiting is what I'll do until the second book comes out. Because the longer I sit on it, the more the unknowns wheedle at me.


HAPPY READING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment