Friday, April 5, 2024

Mini Reviews

 


Without a doubt I snagged this from the library because of the cover. Also the back cover gave me buddy copy vibes, and the 90s baby in me was very excited. As a whole this hit very middle of the road for me. I wanted to like the plot as a whole a lot more than I did, and the pacing of this book felt like we were sprinting to the finish line. Honestly I could have done with more pages, a bit more build up inside the house with the creature. I will say I adored Ford and Neuland. Their banter was kept me reading. I would read more books with them as the main character. I just wish I hadn't felt like I was being rushed through a story without getting to enjoy the little things about this book.


Of all seven books in this series, this is probably my least favorite of the bunch. Judge Dee gets called to the castle because one of the vampires is the center of a murderous plot. Because literally everyone inside his castle wants him dead. It has sort of a letdown of an ending, I was seriously rooting for the coffin maker. There were some high points in this book. Mostly the twins were the best part, I wish we would have gotten more. They gave definite The Shining vibes. 



HAPPY READING!!








No comments:

Post a Comment