Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme started by the Broke and the Bookish.  Each week they chose a new meme and bloggers pick their Top Ten Books, TV Shows, Movies, etc that fit that theme. This week the theme is: Books I'm Thankful For!


#Allofthem

Okay so I sat at my desk and tried to think of just ten books to put on this list that I was thankful for. The problem was I had a hard time nailing it down to just ten as I went through the stacks against my wall and my "To Read" section on Goodreas.com. What I realized was I lot of a good memories of lot of those books that seem special to me. The ones I picked up after college that reminded me how much I missed reading for fun (that's right I said it, I read for fun!). There were the ones I'll never get to read again twice I push on all my friends because the remind that books can surprised you. Of course I have the books the got me out funk, out of feeling low, alone, and so many other things. Lastly I found books that mean something to me because I share my love of those books with family members. 

So at the end of the day I decided that I couldn't pick ten, twenty, of even just a small group to represent the books I'm thankful for. Because at the end of the day I'm thankful for them all. For the ones I'll never get around to reading because there's enough time. To the ones I'm not into because I know they made someone else happy. For the ones that haven't been written yet because I'll have worlds, adventures, and new things to learn with those.

But, mostly I'm thankful for my local library being badass and having a never ending selection from to take from. As much as I'd love to buy all the books, my budget doesn't allow for that. So I'm enternally grateful for that as well.

HAPPY READING!

4 comments:

  1. I love this post! I found it hard to pick 10 books I am thankful for because in the end I am thankful for all of my books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks! Right?! I kept finding reasons to add this book, and then this book.

      Delete
  2. Such a sweet post, and definitely a thoughtful approach to this prompt. Which genres do you reach out for mostly from the library? (I am super new to your blog). I don't go there often, because my anxiety gives me grief for it. But, if I could, then I'd be all about the young adult section.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read a lot of nonfiction from the library and A LOT of Graphic Novels.

      Delete