Friday, November 4, 2016

Cover Release - Warlock Holmes: the Hell-Hound of Baskervilles

At the start of this summer I stumbled across a re-imagining of Sherlock Holmes called Warlock Holmes: A Study in Brimstone by G.S. Denning.  It puts a paranormal spin on a few a handful of the original Sherlock Home Short Stories,  starting of course with the Study in Scarlet.  I honestly wasn't sure what to think so I borrowed it from my local library.  Needless to say I devoured the book and fell in love Denning's version of some of my favorite characters and stories.  My review can be found here!  Thanks to Facebook today I found out the the second book FINALLY got a cover, and I couldn't wait to share it with all of you.  


Release Date: May 16, 2017
Publisher: Titan Books
Author: G.S. Denning

The game’s afoot once more as Holmes and Watson face off against Moriarty’s gang, the Pinkertons, flesh-eating horses, a parliament of imps, boredom, Surrey, a disappointing butler demon, a succubus, a wicked lord, an overly-Canadian lord, a tricycle-fight to the death and the dreaded Pumpcrow. Oh, and a hell hound, one assumes.

 Warlock Holmes #1


Warlock Holmes was hands down one of my favorite finds this year, and I was thrilled to find out that G.S. Denning was going to write a second book. If your a fan of Sherlock Holmes I definitely recommend the first book!  It's a total re-imagine of Canon, but I thought it was done well.  The Hell-Hound of Baskervilles is one of the books I'm looking forward to picking up next year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment