Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday - Rasputin: Faith, Power, and the Twilight of the Romanovs


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme that was started by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that book bloggers are eagerly anticipating.   

Release Date: November 22, 2016
Publisher: Farrar, Straus and Giroux 
Genre: Nonfiction
Series: Stand Alone

A hundred years after his murder, Rasputin continues to excite the popular imagination as the personification of evil. Numerous biographies, novels, and films recount his mysterious rise to power as Nicholas and Alexandra's confidant and the guardian of the sickly heir to the Russian throne. His debauchery and sinister political influence are the stuff of legend, and the downfall of the Romanov dynasty was laid at his feet.


I have always had a weird fascination with the shroud of mystery that always seemed to wrap around Rasputin's life and death.  He's one of those moments in history that I'll read any book about him, because I can't help it.  So I'm pretty excited to get my hands this book as soon as I'm settled into my new place!

What is everyone else looking forward to this week??

No comments:

Post a Comment