Tuesday, May 2, 2017

April Wrap Up

HOLY SWEET MONKEY WHERE DID APRIL GO?! I swear it just started last week.  How is that I fly out on vacation tomorrow?!  Dewey's has come and gone, and Bout of Books number 19 is right around the corner.  Summer is almost here.  

Well, I spent most of the month working and existing.  I discovered a new show Rosewood thanks to Netflix.  I've not binge watched the whole first season and very excited about the new season this summer!  Work has been nuts because we opened a brand new location that is so stinky adorable!  This means all sort of things are changing and new policies for us Leads.  My vacation is also a thing I've been getting ready for.  I fly out tomorrow to see the my family.  Which meant a fresh cut and coat of pain for my hair.  As well as realizing I have no clothes that aren't work clothes, or clothes I can chill around the house in.

Seriously, I've become a hermit again!!

Books Read: 4
Pages Read: 616 pages
BINGO Books: 0
Currently Reading: Lost Boys by Christina Henri
DNF: 1 (November Rain)
Events: Dewey's 24 Read-a-thon!

For April, the only even I had was Dewey's 24 Read-a-thon. Basically it was a pretty chill day at our house.  Both me and my flatmate participated.  We even managed to crawl out of bed at 5am into our respective reading nests and start reading with everyone else.  However slowly we fell victims to naps.  I ended up finishing to graphic novels and starting a handful of other books between naps.  It was a nice day spent unplugged from our phones.

The next Dewey's will be held on October 21, 2017!!!


Publisher:  Pegasus Books
Release Date: May 9th, 2017
Author: Andrew Hughes
Genre: Historical / Mystery
Series: Stand Alone

An only child, Abigail has been raised amid the books and instruments of her father’s grim profession, and he in turn indulges her curious and critical mind. Now she must push against the restrictions society places on a girl her age to pursue an increasingly dangerous investigation. Abigail’s searches begin to uncover the well-guarded secrets of two factions—the Christian Brethren and a burgeoning rationalist community—drawing the attention of a sinister figure who emerges in fleeting glimpses and second-hand reports: the man with the lazy eye.

Hope everyone has been enjoying Spring finally being here!! Anyone pick up any new reads?!  What's coming out this Spring you don't want to miss?!

No comments:

Post a Comment