Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Can't Wait Wednesday

Can't Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Wishful Endings to spotlight and talk about the books we're excited about what we have yet to read. Generally they are books that have yet to be released, but don't have to be. It is based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by the fabulous at Breaking the Spine


Release Date: September 26, 2017
Publisher: Scribner
Author: Stephen King & Owen King
Genre: Horror
Pages: 720

In a future so real and near it might be now, something happens when women go to sleep; they become shrouded in a cocoon-like gauze. If they are awakened, if the gauze wrapping their bodies is disturbed or violated, the women become feral and spectacularly violent; and while they sleep they go to another place. The men of our world are abandoned, left to their increasingly primal devices. One woman, however, the mysterious Evie, is immune to the blessing or curse of the sleeping disease. Is Evie a medical anomaly to be studied, or is she a demon who must be slain? Set in a small Appalachian town whose primary employer is a women’s prison, Sleeping Beauties is wildly provocative and gloriously absorbing.






 Why I'm Waiting: I love Stephen King! It sounds amazing and a reason to sleep with the light ons!

9 comments:

  1. Haven't ever read anything by Stephen King except for his autobiography/"On Writing" book. His work sounds absolutely terrifying to me. I hope you enjoy this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANKS! I love Stephen King's works, always good for a wonderful scare!!

      Delete
  2. I didn't know about this book till recently after seeing it a bit over the blog the past few days. Hope you enjoy it a lot!

    Renee ~ My Wow

    ReplyDelete
  3. HUGE King fan here too. We don't have much longer to wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I might have to get both of his new books to read back to back in October!

      Delete
  4. The King family seems to be very talented in the writing and storytelling department. This one sounds like it will be good! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! I haven't read anything by Owen King yet. So I'm excited to see what his writing style looks like!

      Delete
  5. I'm behind on the Stephen King books. I need to catch up! Great pick!
    Check out my Wednesday post

    ReplyDelete