Wednesday, October 4, 2017

HAPPY RELEASE DAY - William Shakespeare's the Force Doth Awaken


Experience The Force Awakens as a Shakespeare play, complete with Elizabethan verse, Shakespearian monologues, and theatrical stage directions! As the noble Resistance clashes with the vile First Order, Rey, Finn, Poe Damaron, Kylo Ren, and BB-8 are pulled into a galaxy-wide drama--in iambic pentameter! Star Wars fans and Shakespeare enthusiasts alike will enjoy the authentic meter, reimagined movie scenes and dialogue, and hidden Easter eggs throughout. Chewbacca speaks! Leader Snoke gives a soliloquy! And the romance of Han Solo and Leia Organa takes a tragic turn that Shakespeare would approve of. All with woodcut-style illustrations that place Star Wars characters into an Elizabethan galaxy. The story may take place in a galaxy far, far away, but you'll be convinced it was written by the Bard.


I didn't even know about this series until my Mim sent me a copy for my birthday a few years ago. Since then I've fallen in love with this series, and Ian Doescher's writing. I've been waiting for him announce his version of the Force Awakens, and surprise I woke up to the fact it was released today! I highly recommend this series for Star Wars fans and Shakespeare fans!

No comments:

Post a Comment