Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme started by the Broke and the Bookish.  Each week they chose a new meme and bloggers pick their Top Ten Books, TV Shows, Movies, etc that fit that theme. This week the theme is: Favorite Cookbooks. Which I'm super excited about! One of my other passions besides reading is cooking. So, I split my list in two parts: cookbooks I've read and used with ones I'm eager to add to my ever growing collection.

Cookbooks I've Read & Tested:
  1. Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book - So this book is a right of passage in our house. Once we move out of the house, this is one of the housewarming gifts we receive. When I moved across the country, it was what I got from my Mim. All of us have a different edition.
  2. The Kansas Cookbook - This is one I inherited from my Great Grandma when she downsized a few years ago. I grew up a lot of the recipes inside. 
  3. Ultimate Cake Mix Book - Mim and I share a love for dessert. I've made some pretty taste things out of this one!

  1. Pioneer Women Cooks - This one got lost between one move to another after we moved to the PWN.
  2. The Tillamook Cheese Cookbook - The first cookbook I bought after our move, the mac'n'cheese recipe is my favorite!
  3. EverDayCook - Definitly one of the jewels in my collection, more because it's signed. That however hasn't stopped me from using it
Cookbooks on my TBR:


  1. The Mystery Writers of America Cookbook - Mystery is one of my favorite genres to read, and I've been dying to get my hands on this book to some of the recipes from my favorites authors!
  2. The Geeky Chef Cookbook - As a Geek Girl myself I feel I need this in my collection to try foods from of favorite geeky things!
  3. The Red Rooster Cookbook - Marcus Samuelsson is one of my favorite Chef's! I'd love to add this to my collection!


  1. Hot Mess Kitchen - I'm always about cooking on a budget. While it's usually just me I need to feed, occasionally I host my friends and it'll be nice add some new recipes to those nights.

HAPPY READING!!

4 comments:

  1. All these books are making me so so hungry! Loved reading your post!

    My blog:
    anerdyaffair.wixsite.com/scribblesonascreen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my classic Betty Crocker cookbook. I also have a Pillsbury one that I adore. I had NO IDEA there was a Tillamook cheese cookbook! Where has that been all my life? I grew up in the PNW, so Tillamook products were a way of life. Oh, and I had the BEST grilled cheese sandwich when I visited their cheese factory a few years back. Yum.

    Happy TTT (on a Wednesday)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finally went to their factory a month ago, and had the best mac and cheese! Their cookbook is amazing! My Betty Crocker cookbook has seen some better days. I'm not the cleanest cook in the kitchen by far!

      Delete