Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Waiting on Wednesday


Can't Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Wishful Endings to spotlight and talk about the books we're excited about what we have yet to read. Generally they are books that have yet to be released, but don't have to be. It is based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by the fabulous at Breaking the Spine.

The second original novel tying into the critically acclaimed and much-missed Firefly series from creator Joss Whedon. 

An old flame of Jayne Cobb's, Temperance McCloud, sends a message to Serenity, begging him for help. She lives on the arid, far-flung world of Tethys, and bandits are trying to overrun her town to gain control of their water supply: the only thing standing between its people and dustbowl ruin. Jayne tries to persuade the Serenity crew to join the fight, but it is only when he offers Vera, his favourite gun, as collateral that Mal realises he's serious. 

When the Serenity crew land at a hardscrabble desert outpost called Coogan's Bluff, they discover two things: an outlaw gang with an almost fanatical devotion to their leader who will stop at nothing to get what they want, and that Temperance is singlehandedly raising a teenage daughter, born less than a year after Temperance and Jayne broke up. A daughter by the name of Jane McCloud...


Why I'm Waiting: Because I adore Firefly, but not quite as much as I love Jane from Firefly. So I'm all in for this one, and the first one too. Because, this is book two.

HAPPY READING!!

11 comments:

  1. I need to watch Firefly. I hope you enjoy your pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I somehow missed they were novelizing the show. Great choice!

    Tressa @ Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I can't believe I missed this! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't throw things but I've never seen any Firefly TV. I know it's hugely popular though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely give it a try. Even if it's just a for the dialog.

      Delete
  5. Ooh I've read a book by James Lovegrove and it wasn't bad! Hope this one is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, Firefly brings such good memories! Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to watch Firefly but knowing it was cut abruptly short at one season just makes it seem not worth it. :(
    Glad to hear there is a book series though!

    ReplyDelete