Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Waiting on Wednesday

Can't Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Wishful Endings to spotlight and talk about the books we're excited about what we have yet to read. Generally they are books that have yet to be released, but don't have to be. It is based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by the fabulous at Breaking the Spine.

1834. Sophia Thompson wants nothing more than to be one of the famed Bow Street Runners, London's most elite corps of detectives. Never mind that a woman has never before joined their ranks--and certainly never mind that her reclusive family has forbidden her from pursuing such an unladylike goal.

She gets the chance to prove her capabilities when an urgent letter arrives from her frantic cousin Daphne, begging Sophia to come look into the suspicious death of Daphne's brother.

As Sophia begins to unravel the tangled threads of the case--with the help of a charming young policeman--she soon realizes that the murderer may be even closer to her family than she ever suspected.


Why I'm Waiting: Because I'm a sucker for any kind of Victorian Murder Mystery.

HAPPY READING!!

7 comments:

  1. I've read one other book by this author and really enjoyed it. I think I might pick this one up as well. Great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one that I’m really excited to release too. It sounds amazing!!

    My CWW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a sucker for a Titanic retelling. More so if it's a monster mash-up!

      Delete
  3. Oooh! This looks like an interesting book! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, yes! This is on my list as well. I hope we both love it!

    Tressa @ Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete