Friday, June 16, 2023

Reading Update


After the sad affair that was my reading in May, a check-in felt about right. On the upside, I've already read one book this month! It was absolutely adorable and a great way to crawl out of the slump that May put me in. Which I deserve because I should have DNFed that book and saved myself the trouble.

Still, Squire & Knight was a great way to shake that off. A four-hour flight also helped with shaking that slump off. While I do sleep pretty well on planes, never for the whole flight. Top that with a little mini vacation where I didn't have to really think about anything. I have pretty successfully crawled myself out of this slump.

My current read has been sitting on my Kindle since I bought it. A strange little True Crime book that I had never heard of until I put it on my Kindle. Even the case is one I hadn't heard of, and I listen to a lot of True Crime podcasts. The book itself is a little dry and very factual, but the case itself is bizarre and does that thing where it keeps getting weirder. It was definitely a great pick for my mini vacation. Very easy to pick up and put down.

I'm also really excited to be building my summer TBR. While it doesn't quite feel like summer here yet in the PNW, I know it's right around the corner. I cannot wait for a whole day of just reading by the pool, or on my patio. I've missed the sun!

HAPPY READING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment