Saturday, August 22, 2026

Mini Reviews

 






Okay, so I haven't read this original since high school. Which means I couldn't honestly compare this story to that one. I really did enjoy what James Tynion IV did with his version of the story. From what I gather, this is a prequel to the original story. Of the man Jack Griffin was and exactly how he became the Invisible Man. I think forgetting the original story was the best way to go into this because I was able to thoroughly enjoy Tynion's sociopathic turn on Griffin's background. It gives a bit of a deeper look at the character than I'm going to take into the original and re-read it! 




Full disclosure, I picked this up because of the title, and then took it home because of the synopsis. We always hear stories of the person summoned to stop the terrible thing in another world. At one point, they are in the normal world: a scream, a fall, and another world as the only person who can save them. I loved the idea of someone else falling into the world and having to find their way. Of that person having to sort out their life in a world that they not only don't understand, but don't belong. And this was so much to read. It's a low-risk, high-reward book with a fun plot that has me wondering what's going on. I want to say we can't trust the Prime Minister, but the Prince is annoying and I kind of want him to be the bad guy. Or for someone to slap him. Either way, I've already put volume two on hold!




This was fun! The kind of book that makes you giggle as you read. It is full of puns, jokes, and an actually decent look at how weird Medieval England was. How hard it was to live day-to-day and how you had no choice in most things. But this book was all about how you could make the best of what little you had. All while poking fun at a bygone era! The artwork was fun and definitely poked fun at the era as well. I loved that it was told by the bard. Probably the only person of the time allowed to have the kind of opinion he had. Still, it was to see them twist one era into the current one! I do have a question, though. What was with all the snails?



HAPPY READING!!






No comments:

Post a Comment