Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme started by the Broke and the Bookish. Each week they chose a new meme and bloggers pick their Top Ten Books, TV Shows, Movies, etc that fit that theme. This week theme is: COVERS! It was kind of a freebie week on what kind of covers we chose, and I went with the cheesiest covers I own. These are covers that when I saw them I had to add that copy to my shelves. Despite the fact a probable owned another copy. I love a cover that makes me laugh!
- The Time Machine by HG Wells - I came across this edition about a year ago while garage sale shopping with my mother, and it's so bad it's wonderful!
- The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde - Not only is the one of my favorite Gothic stories, but the cover is fabulous. Whose doesn't want to own a book with Ryan Gosling on the cover!
- Lost Boy by Christina Henry - I love the covers to all her books, because they are a prime example of why you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover.
- Die Softly by Christopher Pike - Really all of his original covers from the 90's are pretty amazing, but for some reason of all of his stories this is the one I remember the best.
- The Ear, the Eye, the Arm by Nancy Farmer - This will forever by the weirdest, and coolest, book of my childhood. Plus who doesn't love a baboon on the cover of anything!?
- The A-Z of Victorian Crime - I love the old newspaper illustration on the cover. I've picked up several books with these kind of covers
- The Journal of Professor Abraham Van Helsing by Allen C. Kupfer - Not only do I love books like these that center around a favorite lit. character, but the cover is just fine and simple and cheesy. In fact I forgot I had this little gem until this week. Now it's going on vacation with me.
- The Case o the Baker Street Irregular by Robert Newman - I just can't get over the ruggedly handsome Sherlock! Or, how his eyes kind of follow you...
- Gaslight Arcanmum - This is a book of shorty stories I picked up a second hand book store about a year ago. I love just how kind of Creep Show the cover is.
- The Hound of the Baskervilles by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle - My flatmate found me this version at least 2 years ago at Half Price Books. Not only is this story my favorite in the Sherlock Holmes series, but this is my favorite version of the cover!!
What's your favorite book with the cheesiest cover?!