Monday, September 4, 2017

August Wrap up

As I sit here and try to think about what I do this month, I realize outside of work there wasn't much. Just the normal amount of a movie here, lazy day at the beach, or an afternoon paddleboarding here and there. It's also because I'm gearing up to go on vacation at the end of this month. So I've been trying to save my pennies for that. This road trip is one me and a friend have been planning for a bit, but every single time something gets in the way. Last time my friend got her dream job, and since she's still doing that and loving it. Plus, the bakery has been quiet. Fingers crossed for this time around!
Books Read: 6
Pages Read: 1220 pages
BINGO Books: 2 - Debut & Civil War Era
Currently Reading: Bersker by Emmy Laybourne
DNF: 0
Events: Make Me Read It Readathon & Bout of Books



Publisher:  HarperTeen
Release Date: September 19, 2017
Author: Zac Brewer
Genre: Young Adult 
Series: Stand Alone

Brooke Danvers is pretending to be fine. She’s gotten so good at pretending that they’re letting her leave inpatient therapy. Now she just has to fake it long enough for her parents and teachers to let their guard down. This time, when she's ready to end her life, there won’t be anyone around to stop her.

Then Brooke meets Derek. Derek is the only person who really gets what Brooke is going through, because he’s going through it too. As they start spending more time together, Brooke suddenly finds herself having something to look forward to every day and maybe even happiness.

But when Derek’s feelings for her intensify, Brooke is forced to accept that the same relationship that is bringing out the best in her might be bringing out the worst in Derek—and that Derek at his worst could be capable of real darkness.


Why I'm Excited: I love a book that sounds like it's going to mess with my head and maybe make my stomach churn. There's a reality to the story thing, and think that makes it a little scarier and lot more chilling.

HAPPY READING!

No comments:

Post a Comment