Friday, November 23, 2018

Mini Reviews


  


I picked this adorable thing up at the Lit Festival in Portland a couple of weeks ago. The is a whole series of cute little monster books, and I honestly couldn't stop myself. Krampus is one of my favorite sort Legend. Goodnight Krampus is the cutest little story about a small Krampus won't got to sleep before Christmas. It's great for kids because the colors are bold and the artwork adorable. Plus fun for adults who know why everyone is so scared to see the little Krampus. 









I have read some stranger true crime stories in my time, but honestly this is one of those stories that left me hanging a big. At times I swear it seemed to cut and dry, but some many mistakes were made around the crime scene, not to mention bad witness testimony. The story was told brilliantly throughout keeping a fair balance of facts. It did a great job of leaving my wanting to know about the case and needing to find literature around the Lover's Lane Murders.







This was another one that I had never heard of before. But, again the story was told in such a way that I need to know more about the case and the people involved. Which this time might include a movie. The sort of Gilded Age of the USA is my favorite time period because so much was happening. So many things were changing. Apparently so many people were getting shot in the face. Rick Geary did well telling all the sides of the story and stayed unbiased as he presented the facts. Which I'm not sure I would be able to do. Again another story I'll be digging for some books about to go a little deeper.



HAPPY READING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment