Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme started by the Broke and the Bookish.  Each week they chose a new meme and bloggers pick their Top Ten Books, TV Shows, Movies, etc that fit that theme. This week theme is: Fandoms.

Harry Potter
In all fairness I totally got on the Harry Potter fandom later than most people my age who are fans of the movies, but all that matters is I finally got there.  However, I've still never read the first book in the series.  It's one of those cases of I saw the movie before I read the series.  Which made it hard to read the first book.

Sherlock
I was maybe eleven or twelve when I read the Hounds of the Baskervilles for the first time for our Accelerated Reader program in school.  I never did get to thank the librarian who suggested I picked up this book.  Without a doubt I am a Sherlockian.

Marvel
My dad is the reason I love comics and Marvel.  He was the one who bought me my first comic, and helped create the nerd I turned into because of it!

Batman
Again, gotta thank my pops for my love of all things Batman.  Besides comics, our love for the Cape and Cowl is another thing we bonded over!

Doctor Who
I don't even remember who I discovered this show, but it was probably because of my friends across the pond.  Or, maybe YouTube.

Star Wars
Man I grew up in a Star Wars home.  I remember sitting down with my parents for a family movie night getting to watch this for the first time.  I thought it was the coolest thing I'd ever seen, and that was before it was redone a thousand times.

Supernatural
I remember when this show was first announced.  I was still in High School and so excited to see a show about the weird stuff I was into.  I loved the old Gothic stories about vampire and werewolves. I loved books on old lore, and I've been hooked ever since!

Shameless
This show! It wasn't until a few years ago that I finally was able to see thanks to Xfinity's Watchathon thing they do.  I watched a bit of the first season and was hooked.  I finally just got caught up a few weeks ago.  UGH!

Game of Thrones
Oh yeah, I fangirled when this was first announced and we scrapped up extra money to be able to afford HBO when the early season aired. I'm so not ready for the last two seasons.

The Walking Dead
I read the first few comics not long before AMC announced they were doing the show, but because of college I didn't have anything but basic cable.  I sadly didn't get to jump on this bandwagon until Netflix picked it up. I've even converted my parents and little brother into fans!!

So these are my Top Ten Fandoms, but are by no means all of my the fandoms I belong to. I geek out to a great number of things that I love.  So sorry, not sorry about the GIF heavy post, but I do apologies about the langauge from the Shameless post.  I couldn't help myself with that GIF though, it's one of my favorite things Mickey says!

So what's everyone's number one fandom? What thing would you drop everything to go see, or person to meet?

1 comment:

  1. Love Harry Potter and Sherlock!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2017/04/04/top-ten-tuesday-101/

    ReplyDelete