Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Mini Reviews

This was alright. I liked it and I'm interested to see where the series was going to go, but I was a little down in places. The concept is amazing and one I don't think I've seen before. Who wouldn't want to live in low gravity? As for the story, it was your standard good versus evil. It left me with questions about the science of what happened over the last twenty years. I did really like Willa our main character, she's a badass. The artwork in this stunning and so well done, it was my favorite part of this whole story. I'll definitely be picking up the next volume. 3 Stars!

I wanted to like this, I really did because I adore the movie. Sadly I really didn't enjoy this all that much. It has a promising start, and just sort of falls apart after that. It the story gets long and drawn out the Losers keep finding themselves in the same situation over and over. Plus, I wasn't overly fond of the artwork. It's lot of hard angles and shadowing so you never really get an idea what the characters really look like. In fact, I Rogue and Clay confused several times. Also, I didn't really care about the cast of characters like I did for the characters in the movie. In the movie the are three-dimensional characters you feel for, here they are kind of flat. I finished this one to see if maybe the ending would give me a reason to pick up volume two, but not really. I wasn't even shocked at the reveal of who Max was. 2 Stars.

HAPPY READING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment