Friday, August 21, 2020

Star Wars Golden Books - Review

I wanted to love this, and on some level I did. The artwork was adorable, but there were no women pilots. I know that the originals didn't have any, but that isn't an excuse. There are plenty of amazing female pilots that should have made this book. Especially since Poe and BB8 made an appearance because I'm sure there are at least two female pilots in Black Squadron! So I was prett2y disappointed with this. No even Rey got a mention..  2 Stars.

These four were adorable and such a cute introduction to the characters in the show. The pages are bright and filled with plenty of detail. I also like that some of them are interactive, especially I Am a Wookie! I also felt that I Am a Jedi was a bit more inclusive than the one above, but only in the means that a female Jedi was seen though not mentioned. It was nice to Mace in more than one page in that book as well. But, still super fun and a great way to unwind for me personally have a long day of working two jobs. This series is huge, but these are five I wanted to read, and these are the four I thought the best. Though, I Am a Wookie was hands down my favorite. Because who doesn't love Chewie? 4 Stars for the first three! 5 Stars for Chewie because I thought it told the best story of them all!


HAPPY READING!!

2 comments:

  1. Those books look so cute - I think my nephews and nieces would love them.

    ReplyDelete