Thursday, February 11, 2021

Mini Reviews


This is a case of Instagram made me read it. I've been seeing this everywhere since I created an account for Bookish Whispers, and I finally caved and picked it up from the library. I'm so glad I caved because this was absolutely adorable. Nick and Charlie are such beans, and watching them go through this first part of their journey was both beautiful and heartbreaking. I loved the artwork in this as well, each panel was wonderfully done. I've already put the next volume on hold at the library and I'm so excited that Netflix is turning this into a series.

I thought this was a lot of fun, the fantasy version of Magnum P.I. even all done to Jenner having her own version of Higgins. Each issue has its own little crime that needs to be solved and gives you a little look at the war that led to Jenner becoming a "Fairman". I also really liked the concept of the Feld, and the community had settled into what looked like a robot of some kind. Places were located in Upper Torso or Left Arm which was cool. Though I was a little let down because underneath all the jobs Jenner took in each issue, it looked like she was being watched for a bigger plot. Only there is only one mention of it the first issue, and the last. Though it's brought up in another issue you were lead to believe that leads you into the next issue. My other little issue is none of the issues follow a timeline. so there's not foreshadowing because we don't know if these jobs happened in this order, or if they are just random jobs in Jenner's life. I am bummed that this series was canceled because I did enjoy this, it was a fun and quick afternoon read. And, it ended on a slight cliffhanger.

HAPPY READING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment