Saturday, March 25, 2023

The Crows - Review

Author: Anders Fager
Genre: Graphic Novel
Format: Hardback
Pages: 104

I've struggled with this review. Not because The Crows was a bad read. It's very well done, and I think the setup of this book is perfect. The mix of storytelling and illustrations all work together really well. It's one of those times when one feeds the others. And, I felt this story would be lacking without these illustrations. 

They give a visual of what's going on in our main character's mind.

My struggle has been how to review this book without giving away too much information about the story, no one likes spoilers. But also, there is a lot to unpack about this book. A lot of struggles happen in a short amount of time.

I thought it was a beautifully done book. It was a sad book and left me reeling after I finished it. While I've been fortunate enough to not have gone through what our main character has. The author still wrote this in a way my heart hurt for them. 

This book made me feel a lot more than I thought it would. It was less scary in a jump scare sense and more trauma thriller maybe. I'm not sure. 

But it's beautifully written and illustrated. If you see this one, don't pass it up. I thinkit willl stay with me for a little while.



HAPPY READING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment