Friday, January 5, 2024

2023 Yearly Wrap Up

 

Six days into the new year, and I'm posting my wrap-up, finally. It was a good read year in reading, a lot of short stories and novellas. I didn't DNF very many books. Mostly because I've gotten better at letting myself take breaks when I'm struggling to read. I've stopped calling it a slump and just let my interest go into other places. Sometimes it's getting back into puzzling, occasionally it's a TV Show, and sometimes I just need a break. One weekend where I do nothing but cook and back and exist. Either way, it worked. I never felt like I was behind on my Goodreads Challenge, even when this summer I only managed a grand total of four books. I still managed to check almost all of my goals off.

Books Read: 77 of 65
Pages Read:  13, 908 of 15,000
Reading BINGO:  24 of 25
A to Z Challenge: 17 of 28

While I didn't clear my BINGO Board last year, that wasn't my goal. The goal had been to manage at least one BINGO, which I did. In fact, I managed eleven BINGOs! Outside of 2020 when I was unemployed thanks to lockdown for several months, this is the best Goodreads Challenge I think I've had. I blew that challenge away by twelve books! I didn't have a goal for the A to Z Challenge because that's a personal challenge to clear away my ever-growing, never-shrinking, TBR. It was a lot of fun, and I'm excited to set this challenge again for myself this year.

Now my page goal, I got so close. So freaking close, just a thousand, and some change, away from that goal. It was closer than I got last year by a couple of hundred pages. So I've set the same one for this year. Will I reach it? Who knows, I have the books to manage it, but I've been reading a lot of smaller books recently, as I mentioned. So hard telling, even if I hit my 70 book goal on Goodreads. Still, I want to challenge myself, and who knows. Maybe I'll surprise myself!

HAPPY READING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment