Monday, January 29, 2024

Mini Reviews





This was absolutely adorable. It's also covered in tabs: desserts I want to put on the menu at work, desserts I want to try at home, and a few I want to play around with. My favorite part about this was the end of the book where there was a worst of the worst section. The first three-fourths of this book are amazing vintage recipes that have survived thanks to community cookbooks, but that last fourth is full of absolute horror concoctions that at the time I am sure people thought were amazing.  I've been following Dylan on Instagram since 2020, and the eggnog pie he posted made its way onto my dessert menu at work (it was a hit all around and will make a comeback next holiday season). So there was never a doubt in my mind I would adore this cookbook. It's one of my favorites not sitting on my cooking shelf, and will definitely be one that pull down all the time.



I liked this better as an audiobook than as a physical read, and I think that's because I felt more of Pippa's emotions, or maybe her distress. I don't know, I just liked this version better than the the other. That being said. It's only been a few years since I read this book. Long enough I figured I forgot little things, but nothing big. I thought I remembered all the major things that went down in this book. I didn't not. There were a couple of huge side plots I had forgotten that I only started to remember right as they were about to be revealed. This does read like a CW TV Show, and that is also exactly why I liked this. It's very much in the vein of Veronica Mars. Or, at least what that show would be now with social media and podcasts and everything. I did re-read this purpose because I do want to jump into the rest of the series! I'm currently waiting for my hold to come in for book two!

HAPPY READING!!




No comments:

Post a Comment