Tuesday, December 6, 2016

November Wrap Up

I always seem to forget how time consuming moving is, and how much there is to it.  That's basically what I spent the entire month doing between my shifts was packing up my place.  Thank goodness I was moving with my roommate and there was two of us.  I'm pretty sure the packing would have never gotten done.  Our bakery was busier than we thought it would be at the start of the Holidays, but our business has soared.  So it left little room for reading time.  I did however squeeze in time to read two really good Graphic Novels this month and start a book I've been waiting for all year.  Christmas is right around the corner and I'm officially unpacked into my new place.  I love Christmas shopping and the whole Holiday Season.  So now I'm just getting back into a routine in my new place, and being so much closer to my job!  I also squeezed in one pretty awesome book event this month, too!!


This month Mary Robinette Kowel was out to one of my local bookstores to talk about her new book Ghost Talkers.  As I mentioned a few a posts ago, I have been looking forward to this book for quite some time.  I was lucky enough have her do a reading at another book signing a couple of years back.  My sister has read it already and adored it.  I honestly have no good reason as to why I haven't picked it up yet.  Except that my TBR pile so ridiculous.  The event itself was wonderful.  Mary Robinette Kowal is always a good time, though I was sad the shadow puppets weren't there. She had  a code for us to break, those that did received the postcard that I pictured. The front of the card is the cover of the book.  Which is beautiful!  It was a great night and I'm excited that maybe, just maybe, there could be more to the world of Ghost Talkers. 


Books Read: 2
Pages Read: 424
BINGO Book(s): 0
Favorite Book: NA
Least Favorite Book: NA
DNF: 0
Currently Reading: Gemina (The Illuminae Files #2)




Honestly, despite only knocking two books off my ever expanding TBR, November wasn't a bad month.  I'm only two books from my goal for the Goodreads Reading Challenge and I'm close to completing some person reading goals.  Work has been busy which is always a good thing!!  The book event was a good time and I'm super excited I was able to meet Mary Robinette Kowal.  Plus, I have some awesome new for Bookwish Whispers I'm excited to tell everyone!  But, that will have to wait.

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving filled with family, friends, and PIE!!  So how was everyone else months?!  Read anything that blew your mind?!  

No comments:

Post a Comment