Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Waiting on Wednesday - City of Light, City of Poison

Waiting on Wednesday is a meme started by Breaking the Spine!

Release Date: March 21, 2017
Publisher: W.W Norton & Company
Author: Holly Tucker
Genre: NonFiction
Pages: 336

Appointed to conquer the “crime capital of the world,” the first police chief of Paris faces an epidemic of murder in the late 1600s. Assigned by Louis XIV, Nicolas de La Reynie begins by clearing the streets of filth and installing lanterns throughout Paris, turning it into the City of Light.



Why I'm Waiting:  I'm a sucker for any true crime novel, and while I know who Nicolas de La Reynie is, I don't know that much about him. So I'm excited to get my hands this one.


Anyone else have any Non-Fiction they're waiting on?

3 comments:

  1. I don't read Non Fiction but I would pick this up it sounds interesting cause it has mystery and is a crime novel.
    Here's My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love historial non-fiction, as well as historical fiction like Philippa Gregory's books (althought my WoW this week is YA fantasy), this sounds like my kind of thing. Definitely one for my TBR, thanks for the rec!

    ReplyDelete