Tuesday, October 24, 2017

HAPPY RELEASE DAY! - One Thousand Monsters

Author: Kim Newman
Genre: Fantasy
Pages: 400

Japan, 1899. A party of vampires – exiled from Britain by Prince Dracula – seeks refuge in Tokyo and are confined to Yokai Town, a ghetto where the Meiji Emperor keeps the country’s vampires – bizarre creatures as different from European nosferatu as they are from living humans. Dr Geneviève Dieudonné, Kostaki, a soldier, Daniel Dravot, a spy, and Christina Light, a revolutionary princess, try to survive in Yokai Town as forces within and outside its walls threaten to destroy the newcomers and the long-time residents. What secret lies under the Temple of One Thousand Monsters?



Kim Newman is one my favorite authors, and this is probably one of my favorite series that he's created! It's just the thing to take me out of my reading slump. Good thing I work next to a bookstore tomorrow!

HAPPY READING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment