Monday, December 7, 2020

Mini Reviews



This was a re-read for me. I don't remember how I felt about this the first time I read it since it was before my blogging days, but I stand by my original 4 Stars. This was cute, fun, and I love Alex and Connor for a lot of different reasons. It book gives me hardcore 10th Kingdom vibes, and I think it plays well with the fairy tales I grew up with. Personally, for the age group it's targeted for I think it's great, and for a debut as well. However, I feel like there were pieces of this story that could have been left out. The Goldielocks and Jack relationship weren't needed to the extent that we got it or the weird side plot of with Red. I thought both of those things could have been handled better. The book could have also been a couple of hundred pages shorter, by the end I was just skimming pages because I was remembering how it was all playing out. Though, I love the back story with the Evil Queen. 

This was super cute! I loved that it had a gamer set up to the panels and the story. I thought the story was also really fun, and the characters were loveable. The entire book is done in colorful art that plays well with the story and add wonderfully to the story itself. As for the story, I thought it was fun and set well for the middle-grade age group. It's a great story of teamwork and not letting the things that make you different trip you up. Sometimes they help make you a hero. I would love to see another adventure with these four, they were a lot of fun, and 8-Bit was absolutely adorable!


HAPPY READING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment