Thursday, December 17, 2020

We Are Santa - Reviews

Author: Ron Cooper
Genre: Photography
Format: Hardback
Pages: 153
So, I feel like I should start this review off with a story. This isn't the first Christmas I've spent away from my family. Because my last job really didn't allow me to leave over the Holiday Season. But, with everything going on, I just haven't really been in the mood for Christmas. I've not been in full Grinch mode, more a bit lackluster about the Holidays. Which sucks cause I normally love this time of year, even when I was working crazy hours. So, when this book came up on my Dashboard of things I might like from my local library, I thought why not. Anything to help get me more in the mood for the Holidays.

And, while it didn't fix the problem. It definitely helped.

I loved everything about this book, but I loved that we got to see these Santas both in and out of the suits. Because it is a hundred percent transformation. I also really liked the little bits of information that came with each Santa so you can see how long they've been Santa and what they do/did for a living. Not all are year-round Santas. The photographs themselves were beautiful and so well done. I was able to see details on a lot of the Santa suits which was cool.

The parts that hit me in the heart where the stories attached to some of the Santas. Not going to lie, there was a bit of ugly crying. Each story is so wholesome and perfect for this time of year, and it just plays in the magic that surrounds the myth of Santa. 

It was also really cool to finally see everything that goes into creating a Santa persona. Not just the suit and the props, but about how there are schools, classes, and meet-ups to help them not only shape their persona but answer hard questions. It's absolutely amazing the lengths these people go through to create this magic, not just for kids but adults too.

Honestly, this book warmed my heart and I'm so glad I picked it up to read this Holiday Season. A lot of time and love when into this book and you can feel it. The way the book is written it's great for kids and adults alike because it only adds to the magic around Santa.


HAPPY READING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment