Saturday, April 29, 2023

Independent Bookstore Day


Today is the day! Don't panic, remain calm, and make poor financial decisions in a bookstore! I plan on making many poor choices today. There is a plan for today, a grand plan if I can be a bit dramatic. It will include a small road trip, ferries, bookstores, and bakeries! The latter sort of just happened to fit into our plan by accident. However, I will not be looking that gift in the mouth. I love pastries about as much as I love books.

On the agenda today are six bookstores, three bakeries, and one of our favorite Mexican restaurants. It's also going to be an early morning wake-up despite the fact I took the day off work. But, I'm not complaining because it's all to snag an early ferry! I'm pretty sure we can hit all six bookstores. Even if we don't it's going to be a lot of fun, and I can't wait to spend the day hoping to bookstores to bookstores. Some of the places on the list are our local shops. Some are ones I've been meaning to go to for a while now.

And, finally able to be off when one of them is open! The downside to working weekends is some places are hard to visit. 

Still, if ever there was a day to buy books it's today! Even it's just online through bookshop.org! 

HAPPY READING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment