Friday, April 14, 2023

Reading Challenge Update


I don't get to use this gif enough on here, but this seemed like the perfect time to dust it off. Because somehow we are now four months into 2023! I'm excited about it though because I'm over this winter. The PNW got a taste of summer at the end of March, but it went straight back to being cold and gross again.

The rain doesn't bother me, but I'm so sick of seeing it 30 and 40 degrees outside. I'm so ready for 50 and 60 degrees days. I'm also ready for reading by the pool, and worrying if I put on enough sunscreen.

I'm ready for when am I going to read because the restaurant has been so busy. Though, I may not have to worry so much about that after the last three months. My desire to go and do anything has been lost because I hate being cold. So I've jumped pretty far ahead of most of the challenges and goals for this year.

Goodreads Goal: 27 books 
Pages Read: 4,540 pages
BINGO Books: 16 of 25 squares (no BINGOs)
A to Z Challenge: 6 of 28 squares 

I'm ten books ahead on my Goodreads challenge, which if way farther ahead than I normally am this time of year. Personally, I think with how stressful work has been, I've been using reading to unwind. 

Even with the smaller books I've been reading, I'm also on track to meet my pages read goal. If I keep this pace I'll blow it out of the water, so if I had a slump this summer I can let myself enjoy the slump in the sunshine!

As for my two reading challenges, I haven't been counting Kindle books in the A to Z Challenge. Only the books I physically own. And, while my BINGO Challenge looks good, I've managed to set myself up to several BINGOs, but managed to not hit a single one. The downside to mood reading. The upside is it's only April. 

While I've been worried about my work-life balance, writing this update has let me know I've managed it. Yeah, things are perfect at work, but I work in a kitchen. So when are they ever? Something is always going sideways.

But, enough about me! How is everyone else's year going so far? Having you been hitting your goals? What books have been your favorite so far?

HAPPY READING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment