Friday, January 1, 2021

2020 Wrap Up


Okay, so there is no denying that this year was a dumpster fire. However, there were a few highlights here and there both personally and here on Bookish Whispers. Here on the blog, there was so much foot traffic. There were a couple of days where I'd check the stats and 500 to 600 plus people had been about. Every single post hit double digits and a handful hit triple digits. I signed for Netgalley got access to some amazing books, and I finally signed the blog of Instagram. All of which has me excited to see what this year is going to bring here on Bookish Whispers, and leaves me proud of what I've managed this last year.

Personally, I've been very lucky despite everything going wrong in 2020. I took a leap and interviewed for a job I was almost sure I wouldn't get. Not only did get the job, but I fell in love with it. Something that this last year tried to take away from me, but it was worth the risk and I'm excited to be doing something I love again.

2020 Goals Met:
EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM!


Books Read: 96 of 55 (2 Comics weren't on Goodreads)
Pages Read: 17,569 of 11,000
BINGOs: 3 of 2
Blog Posts: 30 7 of 260


I was close to clearing out my BINGO card this year. So close! That's the problem with not being a planner. Still, this year I not only did I used reading as a way to cope with the end of days, but the new job change also allowed me more time to myself. Also, I can only watch streaming before so long before I'm bored. Or, hanging off the edge of the couch throwing bouncy balls at my cat. Who has yet to get bored of me.

This year introduced me to some amazing new authors and some awesome series. I also went back and did some re-reading of some series I never finished. This year I was able to work with Quirk Books and that has been amazing! I can't wait to work with them again this year, they have so many amazing books about hit shelves. 

How was 2020 reading for everyone else? Anyone find a book they're still thinking about? Or, an old favorite?

HAPPY READINGS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment