Monday, January 18, 2021

Mini Reviews



I read the first issue of this eight years ago when it first came out, it was excited to finally jump back into this series. I really like this take on the Holmes canon. The mystery is solid and I enjoy both Sherlock and Watson in this one. Sherlock and Mycroft are a little more human in this story and the mystery is solid. I like the art is a bit gritty as well, it adds to the whole set up. It's hard to put down, and moves at a quick enough pace you don't want to. I also like that we get an epilogue that touches base on the mystery that starts the whole story off. My only issues with this are there are quite a bit of typos and a few times the panels were too small and you weren't really sure who was talking. Other than those two things it's a solid story and I'm excited to get my hands on volume two. 

Delightful! This is a super cute story about Badger and Skunk learning to live together. It's never easy learning to go from living alone, to living with a roommate. Things change, but not always for the worse. I thought this was a fun way to learn about cohabitating even when you seem like complete opposites. I loved the artwork in this as well and a great way to see the world Skunk and Badger live in. A fun chapter book for Middle Grade and Adult readers alike.

HAPPY READING!!








No comments:

Post a Comment