Saturday, January 2, 2021

2021 Reading Goals

Okay, so I've gone back and forth on what I wanted my goals for this year to be. So many things are up in the air right now. With the current COVID restrictions, I haven't been able to go back to work, and there is a good chance those restrictions are going to be extended another three weeks. Even with all of that, my new job is closer to home and allows for a bit more free time. I was so close to a hundred books this year but setting my Goodreads Goal that high felt less like a challenge and more like stress. This all means that I've been doing a lot of compromising with myself to set goals that I can reach before the end of the year. Because at the end of the day I want to be able to reach these goals with as little stress as possible. I don't want to fall into a slump because I'm stressed about the activity that's so be helping me relieve my stress.

2021 Reading Goals:

Books to Read: 65
Pages to Read: 15,000 
Blog Posts: 1 day

I've upped my Goodreads this year by ten books. There is an excellent chance that I won't get anywhere near this number, but I'm optimistic. Between the books sitting on my shelves and everything coming out this year, there is also a chance I'll smash this goal. 

The same goes for my page count goal. It's about two thousand pages less than what I read in 2020. So I should be able to hit this goal by the end of summer!

I signed for Netgalley this year so my goal is to stay caught up with whatever I'm lucky enough to get early from them. I did alright with this year, but I've still got a few books sitting that I need to buckle down to read. This should be easier since I've axed doing monthly TBRs. Most months they went ignored and were just an added stress. So those are going away and I'm going back to picking up what catches my fancy.

And of course, I'm doing the Reading BINGO Challenge with a few of my friends. Like every year the goal is to clear my card. This last year was the closest of coming to actually getting that done. Thanks to my Mim I already have a couple of the squares taken care of, and a few good ideas for some others.

I feel like these are goals I'll be able to achieve this year, all while trying to keep with the world of Bookstram (found my account on the sidebar)! 

What about all of you, setting any reading goals? Anyone else doing the Goodreads Challenge?

No comments:

Post a Comment