Monday, January 25, 2021

Mini Reviews


This was a really cute revamping of classic fables with bright and fun artwork. It held a lot of nostalgia for me. I like the hodge-podge of animals that pop into the pages. I could see how fun this would be to read outloud with your kids. It was a cute and quick afternoon for readers of all ages.

I'm a geek for Mike Mignola! He's an instant buy author for me, since I first read Hellboy. So I know of Sir Edward Grey, and I finally started this series. I really liked it. I thought the story moved really quickly, and the artwork fits into the Mignola universe that I love. They mystery itself unfolded nicely. I really wished we'd have gotten to keep some of the side characters we met along the way, but we can't always get what we want. I did enjoy the fact that we got two mini stories at the end that tied into the main story. I'm excited for volume two to arrive.

HAPPY READING!!







No comments:

Post a Comment