Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Waiting on Wednesday

Can't-Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Wishful Endings to spotlight and talk about the books we're excited about that we have yet to read. Generally, they are books that have yet to be released but don't have to be. It is based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by the fabulous at Breaking the Spine.


In the thriving city of Bassa, Danso is a clever but disillusioned scholar who longs for a life beyond the rigid family and political obligations expected of the city’s elite. A way out presents itself when Lilong, a skin-changing warrior, shows up wounded in his barn. She comes from the Nameless Islands–which, according to Bassa lore, don’t exist–and neither should the mythical magic of ibor she wields. Now swept into a conspiracy far beyond his understanding, Danso will have to set out on a journey that reveals histories violently suppressed and magic only found in lore.


Why I'm Waiting: First, can we talk about this cover and how gorgeous it is? This sounds like a book that's hard to put down, and I know every little about West African lore. Both of those reasons, plus stellar really reviews, are what I'm excited about this one!

HAPPY READING!!



4 comments:

  1. Son of the Storm sounds intriguing! I love the tie in to West African lore. I do not know much about it either. I am adding this to my wish list right now. I hope you enjoy it when you read it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cover and I really enjoy books with African aspects. Have you read Akata Witch? The covers are so similar I immediately thought of it.

    ReplyDelete