Thursday, April 1, 2021

March Wrap Up

March kind of flew by for me. I'm back at work finally after about three months of the second lockdown. Third lockdown. I've lost count at this point, but it's nice to be back to work. To have a little bit of normal back in my life. It's been nice to go back and doing something I love. It's also nice to have a reason to leave the house and see people other than my roommate. We've been together more than ever this last year. So nice to spend a few hours apart again. 

I am also very ready for Summer and longer days. Already the PNW has had a few really nice and sunny days, hinting that Summer is on the way, and I'm all for it. This is the first summer I'm going to have free time to enjoy it. I have plans that include the beach and patio reading. Maybe even some social distance Happy Hours with some friends. 

It was also my dad's birthday! I put him together with a little box because this is the first year that I wasn't able to go back home in March. So that's been a little weird, that I haven't been packing and planning for that trip. 

Still, it's been a really good and busy month. I'm still trying to find a new routine now that I'm back at work. Because my writing definitely suffered this month with everything else going on. But, I'm so happy to be back to work, and I read some really good books. I also have some really good books in the lineup for this month!


Books Read: 8
BINGO Books: 3
Pages Read: 1988
Currently Reading: Gideon the Ninth


I have so many amazing books between my Netgalley and what's on my bedside table, I'm not doing any buddy reads. So many books that I want to read in April! Dewey's 24-hour read-a-thon is the last weekend of the month. I will be working for a huge chunk of the day, but I'll definitely be reading once I'm home. Maybe even well into Sunday.


This was the month I only bought one book, but between book boxes and Quirk Books, I managed quite the haul this month. I will say I was a little disappointed in the My Thrill Club Box. My first box was amazing and I loved both books. This month was so-so. One of the books is kind of something I might read, but another one was not something I'll read. Nor was it a thriller or a horror novel. It was more nonfiction. So after my gift expires I don't think I'll be doing this box again. 

However, I have loved both subscription packages that I've gotten from Night Worms, and I'm so excited to see what the April package will hold. I've also signed up for the May package! All five books sound amazing, and the extras have been a wonderful bonus to the great books. So I cannot talk about them the more!


Oh! I almost forgot. I finally gave in and bought my first book sleeve, mostly because its Squad 312! It's better than I thought it would be, fits my books perfectly, and it's padded. Right now I'm using it to hold Whisper Down the Lane. If you click the photos it'll take you to Custom Critters' Etsy page. They have so many great options. I'll be buying another one soon!

How was everyone else month? Any good reads? Any good bookish merch?


HAPPY READING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment