Friday, November 19, 2021

Book Mail

Well hello there! It's been a long time since I've done a post that was a theme or a review. Work got a little crazy when our of the members of cooking staff fell ill, and our already small staff was even smaller. So I was doing what little I could to help back them up until our sick member was back. In that time I got some really amazing book mail from Quirk Books and treated myself to a small book shopping trip. The latter I'll post about later! But, first the book mail. I was really excited when Quirk Book asked if I wanted to read this book for review. It sounded so adorable and a nice break from the more spooky books I've been reading the last few months. 

As most of you know, just because you say yes to an ARC doesn't always mean you'll get approved. However, I got an amazing surprise last week in my mail box. Book mail is always one my favorite kind of mail, followed by snailmail from Mim, but I digress. I was super excited to find Hunters of the Lost City by Kali Wallace in mail box!

Synopsis

Packed with shocking twists, frightening monsters, and dark magic, this is a page-turning fantasy adventure for middle-grade fans of Holly Black and Tamora Pierce.

Twelve-year-old Octavia grew up believing the town of Vittoria was the only one left in the world. The sole survivors of a deadly magical war and plague, the people of Vittoria know there’s no one alive outside the town walls—except the terrible monsters that prowl the forest.

But then the impossible happens: Octavia meets another girl beyond the walls, someone who isn’t Vittorian. Everything she’s ever believed is thrown into question, and there’s no going back.

In her quest for the truth, Octavia discovers a world full of lies, monsters, and magic. She’ll have to use every scrap of her skill, wits, and courage to uncover what’s real about Vittoria and the rest of the world.

Despite having already started another book, I'm already two chapters into this one and I'm hoping to finish it over my long weekend next week. 

Hunters of the Lost City hits shelves April 26th, 2022!


HAPPY READING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment