Friday, September 16, 2022

The Church Supper Cookbook - Review

Author: David Joachim
Genre: CookBook
Format: Hardback
Page: 288

This fell into my hand's thanks to a friend of mine. We both work in the restaurant industry and they always find some cookbook gems. This was no exception to the rule. I covered this book in tabs of recipes to try, to fix, and things that were absolutely crazy. Some of these should have stayed in the decade they were created.

Or, just not be created at all. Because raisins are not a catch-all to make a dish better. Please stop adding raisins to nonbaking dishes. It's weird.

I will say this cookbook was a lot of fun. While there were a lot of recipes in here I won't try, my roommate and I had a lot of fun flipping through this one. And, she made a good point. We've probably eaten some of these recipes growing up in the middle and never knew it.

Sometimes you don't want to know what makes a dish good. 

On the other hand, I did find a lot of recipes here I wanted to try. A few of them need some tweaking. Like raisins were removed from the recipes. Why would put those in chili, why? A few of them just need a few more seasonings. Others sounded pretty solid and I will definitely have to give them a go.

There were a lot of solid baking recipes in though. If I ever feel adventurous I'll give some of the bread recipes a try. Bread has never been my strong suit. There were some cookie and bar recipes though that I really want to try over the winter when it's cool enough to have the oven on. 

So yeah, I"m glad to have this on my shelves. It's a fun little conversation starter, and it had enough solid recipes in it I'm keeping it around.


HAPPY READING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment